COVID - 19
Since Wayne and Sue have been in post they have become aware that the current service structure is not suiting everyone’s needs. Having spoken to parishioners and bearing in mind that Meg will be leaving us at Easter we would like to propose the following structure.
We would be grateful if you could look at it bearing in mind the following notes that try to accommodate all the concerns parishioners have expressed to us:
1) Having the same number of services across the benefice each week helps with staffing
2) You will note that we have moved the service times to accommodate nearly everyone’s desire to have earlier services (8am, 9am & 10.30am) we are sharing the times across the benefice which makes the service pattern fairer.
3) There will be an 8am service each week across the benefice. There will also be a Family Service, a traditional parish communion and Non-eucharistic services (both traditional and contemporary). This pattern aims to meet everyone’s needs on a weekly basis.
4) Weekly Tuesday Communion services are unaffected.
5) Clergy will be able to stay more often after services to be with the congregations over coffee or to provide pastoral care and not have to rush off to preside at another church.
6) We are hoping to implement a new service structure from May 2020.
Any comments concerning the above pattern will be welcome. Please speak to Wayne or Sue. You can email, telephone or speak to them after Sunday services.
Revd. Wayne: wayne AT hermitage-team.org.uk
Revd. Sue: sue AT hermitage-team.org.uk